Thursday 15 March 2012

Singapore Eats (Hawker Experience)

I'd definitely go back to Singapore for its wide selection of affordable dishes at their hawker centers. I missed out on a few good ones. Most restaurants open at 11 am till around 3 (or until supplies last). Better to be there at around 10:30 to get seats.

The food stalls are numbered so its easier to find them :)

Maxwell- most of the restaurants "recommended" were already replaced by new tenants. But our favorite would have to the Green Leaf's Samba and Jing Hua Sliced Fish Bee Hoon Stall (77 Maxwell Road Food Centre).
Rex can't get enough of these freshly baked roti :) 

The famous Bee Hon soup. Spicy :)

In Rex's words, "mas masarap na version ng tapa (porkchop+ hot and spicy peanut sauce + itlog) Hangover solb!

After all the food, time to burn some of it by strolling in Chinatown. Reminds me of a cleaner version of Binondo's street stalls. It has a wide array of souvenirs and I love Singapore shirts (if you're into those things). Straight ahead, you'll see a couple of temples (picture picturan kung feel mo). Between Mosque Street and Southridge Street is Honglin Food market. I prefer their selection of pastries. Just right to end a heavy meal :)
I'll definitely try the Hainese chicken.

Barcook Bakery- Raisin and cream bread. I think its their best seller. #01-54 Hong Lim Complex

Durian Muffins Hong Lim Food Centre #02-33 Hong Lim Complex (I got pasalubong for everyone here)

I would go back to Hong Lim Food Center for these (since we were too full the last time):

  • Outram Park Fried Kway Teow Mee -Blk 531A, Stall 02-17
  • Fragrant Hong Kong Pork Rib Rice #02-70  
  • Ah Kow Mushroom Mince Pork Mee #02-43 

There's a loooong queue for this. So sad I didn't get to try it.:

  • Heng Kee Curry Mee Hoon Mee Blk 531A Upper Cross St #01-127 1

No comments:

Post a Comment