Tuesday 12 June 2012

Independence Day Marathon

1. Nightmare on Elm Street- Among films like Child's Play and It, this has top my list of "scariest B movies" that I've seen growing up. It made me fear sleeping. I would never forget the seen in the corridor when bloodied Tina shows up wrapped in a plastic bag. :) One will make an insomniac for quite sometime for a kid who fears Freddy might get him in his sleep. Oh, this flick also features Johnny Depp's first film role, as Glenn (ang lalaking laging nakakatulog).

2. Goldfinger- Ok si ate na ang inspiration ko ng "mukhang mayaman" lol. When one talks about James Bond, the first thing that comes to my mind is its stunning intro. Random thoughts a) medyo flabby siyang James Bond b) I want an Aston Martin c) si Goldfinger ay madaya. d) Geneva is incrediably stunning, peg ko lang si ate at ang kanyang maniacal driving for a shoot. :D

3. Predator- Ok nagsimula lang ang kaguluhang ito kasi may Prometheus hangover ako. I never wanted to revisit this film for three main reasons a) it stars Arnold Swarchenegger (at ginogoggle ko pa ang correct spelling ng kanyang name). Everything he's in is ruined by his accent, cue Total Recall. Yung era din na yan, hindi ko alam bakit favorite i-cast ang isang dude na may weird accent mga seryosong sci-fi film, comic relief ba ito? b) How do I take seriously the predator villain who is a breed between a rastafari and a vodoo man. dreadlocks ang peg teh?! c) On a more recent note, re-watching this movie reminded me of the failure that was Predators (2010). Yes I am looking at you Adrien Brody, you shall never be Arnold.

No comments:

Post a Comment