Sunday 11 November 2012

60s Dress-up

Dear Lubna,

I am so excited for EBU's Christmas party and even if its almost 3 am, I cannot sleep just cause I wanted to share this. Here are my 60s inspiration:

1. STARLET PEG. Austin Powers chicks: think flower power prints. Personally I like dresses with very distinct and bold prints. If you really wanna go literal (and I feel that most people over-do sometimes), you can wear those big, bottom pants. I hate it because you cannot go to the office without looking too "in-character". Plus, hassle if you have an actual meeting that day. :)




(My choice, baby doll dresses in very bold prints with hair in a bun like this)




(I WILL NEVER wear those pants but I can rock the top: vest in sleeveless or that long billowy top. Although, it looks a bit too PTA mom. The headband is also easy to work).

2. MOWDEL PEG: And who can forget Twiggy? I love her short hair and mini dresses. :)) Another favorite of mine is Eddie Sedgwick. I love her impeccable style (plus she was Warhol's muse).  You can check out this link, http://rockinstyle.blogspot.com/2012/09/edie-sedgwick.html since she broke the whole look of a "Factory Girl". To quote ate (dude I am so not Tito Sotto, here it is: heavy black make up and thick dark eye brows, nude or pale lips, skinny thin body, shift dresses, jersey mini dresses, black tights, ballerina pumps, pumps, cocoon style fur coats, big chandelier earrings, graphic 60's  such as stripes.) Bonnga lang ni ate din kasi she dated Bob Dylan din. :D

Think of that one dress that's above the knee, simple silhouette (one color preferably yellow or pink). I prefer sleveless. Accessorize with some huge earrings, such as that photo below.

From: http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/26500000/1960-s-Fashion-retro-fashion-26540297-365-560.png

For channeling the Sedgwick look, think of Sienna Miller's Factory Girl. I personally hate Miller, just cause. But since this particular movie is about Sedgwick, there are a few stuff you can also copy. Ugh, medyo feeling-feelingan lang talaga si ate sa role niya pero some of these shots will do:

The actual Sedgwick.
From:
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhqitWfJZZelcIdimANkpmuWY6-V03SWXP8q_Ll4cg6iY9Hrvvi-8z4Z-h78QrQx6A1lhCXLmRqQ9Jo4PzS5Blxpd5S7iweMmrvVXdYPv3-FyMVS9UVTqF_SxnMsx3Fd2P-_n1Opr_2trn-/s640/EdieSedgwick.jpg
Key accessory: BOLD EARRINGS. I just love how most of the stuff here are actually versatile e.g. plain, black sleveless and black leggings. 

Eto ang feeling-feelingang look ni Miller:

 



3. SOCIALITE PEG. Or if you really want something corporate, (and you can re-use over and over again, you can go for a Madmen chick. They're very stunning and you can actually wear it in the office without looking very costume-y. And ang ultimate peg lang for life ng mga matrona and wannabe socialites, si Jackie Kennedy. Basta peg mo lang first lady ang dating, or sige to be more modern, "pang Kate Middleton lang ang dating".


http://fashioninmotion.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/peggy-joan-betty.jpg?w=426&h=535


So anong say mo sa poses nila ate? This look screams 60s to me because of three things: a) the hair b) the shoes c) accessories. I guess you have to tie your hair in that particular do or have it blow-dried like the one on the left. For accessories, pearl earrings and that bracelet complete the whole ensemble. For dresses, you can find a lot of them in stores (I got mine from ukay several years back and even wore it at party).


For more style inspiration from Mad Men, check her link: http://fashioninmotion.wordpress.com/2009/09/24/1960s-fashion-the-women-of-mad-men. I love how she was able to describe fully the characters and their outfit in detail. 




From:
http://www.thecheapgirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/picture-60.png
-> Dude, PEG: magmukhang sosyalera and filthy rich. chos. Think about all those politician wives. Ganun, pearl necklace, well-tailored dresses, gloves(?) and that handbag. Pak.
Pak again. See lakas maka-yaman tong pearl necklace ni ate.

Just do me a favor, AVOID LOOKING like Audrey Hepburn's Breakfast at Tiffany's. It has been repeated so many times in yearbook pictures and Halloween parties. I find her look her a bit boring already. Yun lang. PS. Bad idea to give papsie a book. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment